HSBC Macau has launched its first green building loan to support a local conglomerate for the development of “Serensia Woods” in HengQin, mainland China. The mission of the project is to build a world-class wellness destination with an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) concept for offering a better quality of lifestyle. Facilities include high-end healthcare and wellness centres aiming to service people across the Greater Bay Area.
This green loan marks an important milestone for HSBC Macau’s journey in continuing to offer sustainable financing as well as our strategic prioritisation in supporting the development of the HengQin Guangdong-Macau In-depth Co-operation Zone.
Serensia Woods is a subsidiary of Macao-based HN Group. HN Group is a conglomerate in Macau with businesses across retail, distribution, healthcare, engineering & construction, tourism and agriculture. With a vision of providing high-end and innovative wellness services, Serensia Woods has established the first site in Zhuhai’s Hengqin area – part of the Greater Bay Area (GBA), integrating preventive medicine, anti-aging treatment, retirement vacation and blissful retirement living.
- Established presence in Macau with expertise in sustainable financing.
- Tailored sustainability-based financing to empower Serensia Woods Group in its green journey.
- Expert advice in green finance, sustainable development and green project governance.
- To build a world-class wellness destination with an Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) concept for offering a better quality of lifestyle, Serensia Woods needed a financial institution with expertise in green finance to offer a green building loan that aligns with their sustainability ambition.
- The company required financing for the development of the green building project to increase the environmental impact of energy saving and afforestation.
- HSBC Macau granted Serensia Woods a green building loan to finance the development and capital investment related to a green building project. It enabled the smooth construction of the project, and helped to gain green building industry recognition.
- Serensia Woods enjoyed preferential rate upon achieving high quality of construction standard with LEED Gold-level certification.
- It is HSBC Macau’s first green building loan to support a local conglomerate for its green development project in the GBA. It reinforces our ongoing strategic commitment to helping businesses navigate the net-zero transition.